Chevie's

Sunday, August 7, 2011

LOLO's 1st Death Anniv + Family Day

Yesterday, August 7, 2011 we're celebrating our grandfather's 1st Death Anniversary.

A celebration in a wake of a dead relative may be offensive or improper to many cultures, but in the Philippines, especially in provinces, it is a norm that has been passed on from generations along with rituals and superstitious beliefs.

The mourning and the weeping are still present, but a happy and welcoming atmosphere would usually envelop the place to help the deceased on his journey to the afterlife.

Filipinos consider the deaths of relatives as opportunities to strengthen ties in the family. Long lost relatives, friends, and even relatives working abroad would re-unite to pay respect and honor the relationship they had with the deceased.

I took some photos from the memorial.



 So this is my nephew Jacob, my husband Jed and my baby Jhyanne

 Its me with Lolo.

 OLDIES

 So wasted. 

 Me and my Husband




 My beloved Parent inlaw 

 Do I look cute with the flower? 

 Praying that Lolo is now in heaven

We decided to follow the name our baby boy  to Lolo's name, which is Medardo

 My sexy baby Jhyanne



 So, this is his first Death Anniversary and we believe that he is now ready to go beside our Lord Jesus Christ. May you rest in peace Lolo, and please guide us. You will always be remembered.

Love Lots, Gregorio Family

2 comments:

  1. your nephew looks cute ^^

    an I invite you to join my GIVEAWAY, pretty please? ^^
    The prize are korean bb creams and bubble cleansing foam, hope you want to check it out on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lina Kim ♥

    thanks Lina. :)
    will check your blog now. ^^

    ReplyDelete